Moving again

I started a new journal at Wordpress, but it's too complicated.  I've forgotten everything I ever knew about html, and what I had there looked awful when I was done playing with it.  I did some searching on the googles for best place to blog, and this came up as one of the options.  It said a lot of people won't like it here because they can't customize.  Perfect!  I do not want to customize.  I want to write, and not have it look like a frustrated artist designed it.  So here I am.

We have survived the first week of January.  It has been really freaking cold here.  Okay, cold for Seattle.  There have been days when it never got above freezing.  Often the "feels like" temps on my phone have been in the teens.  I've been very thankful for my heated car seats and my warm down jacket.

I've also been very thankful that it's dry weather, and not snow and ice.  Michael drives 37 miles one way to and from work, and he works a swing shift, so he gets off at midnight.  Danny drives 27 miles one way, and he leaves at 5:30 in the morning.  I already worry enough about them, having it be icy would be worse.  Michael's roommate is getting married this summer, so he's thinking about maybe moving down south to cut the commute down, though he doesn't want to.  Danny's thinking maybe they could live together.  It will be interesting to see how that develops.

Mike was commenting the other day that he's only been to a couple of weddings in his life, and now he's going to at least three this summer.  It's the stage he's in.  The weddings will be for a couple of years, and then the friends will be having babies.  I'm in the stage of friends having grandchildren.  My mother goes to funerals most weeks.

I think I like Michael's stage more than my mother's.

<hr>

We're gearing up for tax season.  I wrote and sent out an email to all my clients and heard back from a lot of them.  That's always nice, the people are what make the job fun for me.  I got a couple of referrals for new clients, which is a good thing.

The business grew a lot last year, which is a good thing.  I am looking forward to getting into the nuts and bolts of doing tax returns again.  It's been several months since I did one, and I always fuss at this time of year that I've forgotten too much and will screw up the first few.  I never do, but it's a worrying time.  In another couple of weeks I'll have done a couple and I'll settle down.

We bought a small practice from a retiring tax person this year, and the only problem I see is that she charged about half what we do.  Our prices are on the low side anyway, but her clients don't know that.  I'm hoping we can convince them we're worth it.  Time will tell.

Comments

  1. Glad all is well with you! Things are good here down the coast...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like grandchildren when I'm still relatively young and can enjoy them. Not looking promising.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Done with 2017

Last day

Corona virus