It's been awhile

So last time I wrote we were just in the beginning stages of being shut down.  And it worked, it really did.  Our numbers on this side of the mountain are good.  There are still new cases, we're all being very careful (well, most of us that don't have political motivations, anyway) and so far, so good.  We just have to keep on keeping on.

I am still mostly working from home.  I don't know if I mentioned it before, but my knees are crap.  They both needed to be replaced.  I had scheduled the first surgery for April 22, right after the tax deadline, but of course that didn't happen.  On May 7, I got a phone call from the surgeon, he could do it May 13 if I was free.  So I moved heaven and earth to be free.  It went very well.  The recovery has taken much longer than I expected (I had told clients I'd be back in the office in two weeks, it was more like four) but overall I'm happy.  It's been five weeks tomorrow.  There is very little pain.  Still a lot of stiffness and aches in weird places, like my ankle, but the surgeon says things look good.  The physical therapist is very very mean but she's happy with my progress.  So I'm glad to be about half done with that.  I'm thinking I'll do the other one in November.

Today I got the all clear to drive again.  Emily has been driving me around, and Joe too.  Joe has been lovely about it.  Emily has been mostly great, but oh my goodness that girl is moody.  I get that life is tough right now.  She specifically chose to finish her degree on campus because she doesn't like doing class online, and now she's been online for a quarter and a half.  Most of her friends graduated college last year, and the ones who didn't are graduating this week, along with two of her cousins.  She's having a very hard time with that.  Of course she's been out of work since they closed the schools in March.  While I think that I am perfectly lovely company, I can understand that she'd a thousand times rather be with her friends.  And she's been really good about staying quarantined so she doesn't bring it home to Joe.

Right now she is sulking because I suggested that she might want to occasionally eat out of the refrigerator instead of eating out multiple times a day.  The audacity.  I need to understand that she is giving up her life to drive me around (she's not) and she's stressed and just wants to eat what she wants.  Even if it means spending all the money I was hoping she'd save for tuition next year.

Thank goodness I can drive again, now she can move on to holding some other grudge against me.

Comments

  1. My girls can both be moody, although at 30 and nearly 34, they are way better than they used to be. There is hope! I didn't realize that you had your knee done, and am delighted that it worked so well! I think all PTs have to be very, very mean. ;) I am so fed up with the stupidity of the anti-maskers, who are usually anti-vaxxers, who are usually Trumpers. Bah!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Done with 2017

Last day

Corona virus