Corona virus

It's very interesting living a few miles from ground zero.  My nephew attends a school that sent nursing students to the nursing home where there are multiple cases.  And today he found out that one of his professors visited a relative at that same nursing home the day before it broke out there.  That professor is self-quarantining, and my brother's family are staying well away from my mom for a few weeks.

I have my usual spring cough and sniffles, it's allergies.  I get it every year.  No big deal.  Except every time I cough, people jump and look at me funny.

I went shopping Sunday night, because we were running out of toilet paper.  The toilet paper aisle was bare.  The store looked like it had been stripped by locusts.  People are hoarding toilet paper and water (why water?  Water shouldn't be affected!) in case we have to stay home for awhile.  Even Costco has people posted at the front door letting people know they're out of toilet paper and water before they come in.

Tomorrow I'm stopping by two retirement communities to pick up tax paperwork.  I've been advised that I'll have my temperature taken by a guard at the front door before I'm allowed in.

Today, one of my clients stopped by, he's a young man, late 30s.  He told me that out of the blue, two weeks ago, he got pneumonia.  It was so bad he was in the hospital, and then he got sepsis.  They put him into a medically induced coma to let him heal.  I asked if it was corona virus.  He said no.  He was in the same hospital as the first patient, and he said the CDC doctors were all over him, and they said it wasn't it.  But he almost died.  No one is sure why.

We're all a little jumpy around here, I'll tell you.  My hands have never been so clean.

Comments

  1. I wonder if they even tested him because that is highly suspicious to me. I'm glad I picked up TP a while back. That's ridiculous that people are hoarding it. What are the rest of us supposed to do??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, when people ask me where I'm from and I say Seattle area (or Washington), they recoil.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Done with 2017

Last day