And finally

I spent most of the day in a snit.  I finally sent out an email last night to the people who haven't bothered to say what they want for Christmas yet.  I got a very snotty email from my sister-in-law saying she doesn't have access to the list, only my brother does.  If I'd given her access she'd have done it the first day.  She's very busy, blah blah blah.  I responded that I had indeed given her access on the first day (I'm sure she just ignored the email) and I sent her another link.  No response.  Then I got an email from my brother, her husband, that I really need to include her because he's just too busy to do these things.

And then they all said they wanted Amazon gift cards.  Took a really long time to make that list.

The other brother who hadn't done it made his list, and his kid who I am supposed to buy for wants a concealed carry holster.  I am wildly opposed to people carrying guns everywhere, and I'm not going to buy it.  So I guess he's getting an Amazon card too.

I'm done with this.  Next year we all pick a charity to donate to, or I'm out.  The rest of my immediate family thinks this is an excellent idea.  I was a little scary today, I was so mad.

                       _________________________________________________________

Tonight was nice enough that I got over it, though.  Michael's girlfriend's parents invited us over for dinner.  They're lovely people, I enjoy their company.  Joe bitched and moaned all week about it, but he enjoyed it as well.  Politically they fall on the same side we do, so I didn't have to keep kicking him under the table when he tried to talk politics. 

One more week of work, and then I'm going to try to take two weeks off.  We'll see how that goes.  I have a house to clean and presents to wrap and cinnamon rolls to make!

Comments

  1. Gah, people can be so annoying! Happy Effing Holidays! Glad that you asserted yourself and got things done. I bought some Amazon gift cards too, as well as Target ones for my brother and SIL. I also got a bunch of silly gifts for people so that they would have something to open. I hate it when I fall into that mental trap.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Done with 2017

Last day

Corona virus