November

I have lived in Seattle off and on for most of my life, and every single November comes as a huge and horrible shock to me.  October is usually fairly sunny, and then it's like someone flipped off a light switch and turned on a cold shower.  It's dark when I wake up and dark when I come home, and today it was blowing so hard the windows in my office were rattling.  And it rained and rained and rained.  Sigh.  August is so beautiful here.  Why can't all the months be like August?

We didn't lose power tonight, but my mom did.  In a shining example of why I keep him around, Joe went and picked up some hot soup and took it over to her, then stayed to chat and fix a couple little things.  He hates chatting.  Such a good person.  This is why I don't kill him about dirty socks dropped in the entry every day.

I ordered an Echo Dot this week and we are having fun asking it questions.  Tonight Emily asked a question, and it didn't know the answer.  She told it it was ignorant, and it said "thank you for the feedback."  We laughed and laughed. 

We've got ourselves all moved into the new office, except that Comcast won't move our phone number over.  I loathe Comcast and wouldn't do business with them at all if it was up to me.  The partner who insisted it had to be Comcast is dealing with them, and she's about ready to blow up their corporate office.  Meanwhile I am dealing with wrapping up a case with an IRS agent, and I have to go to the UPS store to send her faxes, because that's the only way to communicate with her.  And every fax, I put my cell phone on, in case she wants to call me.  Because she can't fax me, my fax machine isn't working yet.  So professional.

I think I'll go read my library book now.  I have it on the kindle, and it was due back several days ago, but I have discovered that if you just keep reading it it doesn't go away.  I have two more library books waiting for my attention, and the last book I haven't read for Book Club this year, so I gotta step up my pace.

Comments

  1. As long as you don't turn on the wifi, the book stays! What are you reading for Book Club? I can identify with the good person scenario making up for a lot of things. In my case, it might not be enough. I'm not a fan of November either, for many reasons, although Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Last day

Done with 2017

Grocery store