The husband

He drives me crazy a lot of the time.  Tonight I made a healthy dinner that is exactly in line with what he should be eating (and was delicious too).  He didn't want to eat it.  And then he put what he didn't eat in the oven, to keep it away from the stupid cat who won't stay off the counter.  He'll forget to put it in the fridge.  I lost 3/4 of a beautiful ham when he did that at Christmas.  I guess I need to add checking the oven to my before bed routine.

He's finishing up the really long vacation he gets every year at this time.  They don't get days like Presidents Day off, but they get Christmas Eve to New Years day every year.  This year he took a couple extra days at the beginning and the end, so he's been home for 13 days, with three more to go.  I call this "too damn much family togetherness."  I emptied the dishwasher last night.  If he was working, it wouldn't get full again for three or four days, but it's full tonight.  And I worked all day, so one coffee cup and one plate in there is mine.

Etc. 

But.  You guys.  Today our bookkeeper called in crying.  She just got married in August, and apparently there are addiction issues that have surfaced again.  She's afraid for her safety.  She has her 12 year old living with her dad, and she and the three year old are living in a motel.  She's going to be late tomorrow because she has to go to court to get a restraining order.

I guess I can trade food in the oven and too much togetherness for not ever having had to deal with that.  Wow.  I am feeling very lucky tonight.

Comments

  1. Wow, that's terrifying. It really does give us perspective on our relatively minor complaints. (but we're still allowed to vent!)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Done with 2017

Last day

Corona virus