It's been a long time

Hmm.  Last time I wrote I was all grumpy and tired.  And tonight I'm grumpy and tired.  I wonder if there's something about that that makes me want to write.

Joe and I rarely fight about things.  The biggest thing we've fought about in 30 years is stuff.  He likes to save everything and gets very angry when I try to get rid of things.  Honestly, you'd think he'd been a deprived foster child who carried a garbage bag of his possessions from home to home, the way he carries on.

Michael moved out of the house more than four years ago.  He left a ton of stuff in his bedroom.  Joe immediately started storing his things in there.  Whenever I would ask Michael to take what he wanted so I could clean out the room, he would say that he couldn't find his stuff because Joe had so much in there.

Danny moved out more than a year ago.  He left a ton of stuff in his bedroom.  Etc.  Same story.

I finally got sick of it.  All week I worked hard, hauling their stuff down to the garage.  I told everyone all week they could come over and go through it.  No one did.  Now it's Sunday night.  The truck is coming tomorrow to haul it away, and they're mad at me because I gave them so little time.  And Joe is in the garage, carefully going through every bag, pulling out stuff to save.  I want to cry.

On the bright side, I made enough of a fuss that I don't think he's bringing any of it back into the house.  And I'm going to have two rooms clean that I don't have to be ashamed of and close the door when people come over.  It will all be worth it.  I think.

Comments

  1. I too am trying to go through stuff, but a lot of it isn't mine. Hmm. Similar story. I have no one to fight with about it though; I would like the girls to help figure out what to keep and what to get rid of. It's always tough because when they're here(rarely), I want to have fun with them, not do boring tasks. Sigh. So, nothing much gets accomplished.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Done with 2017

Last day

Corona virus